My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbia, SC, United States

SC-based writer and researcher. Contact: fridrix [at] gmail.com.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Secret Co(p)y Code

One day I thought as I was trying to move
More stuff for an e-commerce retailer
"At least I have the memory of love. ❤️
(More bloody iambic pentameter.)"

That was enough to get a like from you;
A ruddy heart appeared beneath my own:
Camellia blooming in the snow that threw
A blushing light to warm a heart of stone.

Perhaps one day you'll shop for stuff online,
It could be anything, for home or yard;
Your eyes will rest upon my secret rhyme
And you'll remember when you met a bard.

But didn't trading vessels always hold

Such sweet and tender missives from the bold?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home